30-Min. Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves crushed or minced garlic
- 1 can peeled and diced tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 1 can tomato paste (6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Sauté the aromatics—Heat oil in a large saucepan or casserole over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent. Stir frequently to avoid burning garlic.
- Make the sauce—Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Use this recipe as a base and add your favorite meats and vegetables. Sauté peppers or mushrooms along with aromatics or stir in browned ground beef or sausage as the sauce simmers. Get creative in crafting your own signature sauce.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Casseroles are roomy enough to handle spaghetti sauce for a crowd. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.