Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins
- 6 small russet potatoes, baked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Garlic powder, seasoned salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Sour cream for serving
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep the potatoes—Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides with a spoon. Leave about 1/4 inch of potato on skins and reserve scooped potato for another use. Brush melted butter all over the skins, inside and out. Season with garlic powder, seasoned salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Bake the skins—Place potatoes cut side down on baking sheet or roasting pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip. Return potatoes to oven and bake until slightly browned and crisp, about 5 more minutes.
- Fill the skins—Remove skins from oven and sprinkle with cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to oven and bake until cheese is nice and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish and serve—Transfer skins to platter, top with a sprinkling of green onions, and serve with a side of sour cream.
Need to cook potatoes, but short on time? Use your microwave! Simply scrub potatoes clean, pat dry, and pierce potatoes five or six times on each side with a fork. (Piercing allows steam to escape, so don’t skip this step or you could end up with a microwave full of exploded potato.) Place potatoes on a microwave-safe dish and cook on high for 5 minutes. Use a fork or tongs to flip potatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes. When potatoes can easily be pierced all the way to the center, they’re done. You may need to continue cooking in 1 minute bursts until they’re cooked through.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Roaster effortlessly release potato skins, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.