- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted or softened
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 4 Medium, very ripe bananas (keep 1 for the topping)
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup chopped pecans (keep some for the topping)
- 12oz. Chocolate chips (keep some for the topping)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mash ripe bananas until smooth and slightly chunky.
- In a large bowl combine melted or softened butter with brown sugar until smooth. Add in eggs and whisk until smooth.
- To mixture, add milk until combined. Add the mashed bananas to the batter and mix until incorporated.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt to batter and gently stir until combined. Lumps are ok!
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips (reserve 1/4 cup for topping) and pecans until just combined.
- Pour batter into a frypan, smooth the top and add a few banana slices and the remaining chocolate & pecans.
- Bake banana bread for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow banana bread to cool for 10-20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack and slicing.