A healthy dinner for only a few dollars a serve? Yes, please! This delicious hearty casserole – cooked by the registered nutritionist Claire Turnbull - will be your new go to winter meal, made super easy with the help of our PFAS-free slow cooker.
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato or 2 large potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 1 400mls can of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp curry paste or powder
- 500g of rump steak
- 4 tbsp cornflour or normal flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups frozen peas or any veg you have
- 1 cup of water or stock
READY TO COOK!
Warm yourself up with the super delicious beef casserole by our Slow Cooker!
- Set the slow cooker to the brown & sauté setting.
- Add beef coated in a little flour and allow it to brown.
- Add onions, carrots, sweet potatoes or potatoes, chickpeas, tomatoes, curry paste, coconut milk and stock. Stir to mix well.
- Pop the lid on, set the slow cooker to slow cook mode and left it to do its magic!
- After 6 hours, remove the lid, add in frozen vegetables, and left to cook for another 10 – 20 minutes. Bring to Serve.
Keep the extra in freezer for another day.