Beef Stroganoff is the perfect comfort food dish for those cold winter nights we're all experiencing! Tender beef and mushrooms in a sour cream-based sauce will satisfy even the most discriminating palate!
- 600g scotch fillet steak
- 2tbsp avocado oil
- 1 large onion
- 300g mushrooms
- 40g butter
- 500ml beef broth
- 150ml light sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Featherweights Casserole
- Flatten the steaks with your fist or a rolling pin until they are approximately 3/4 cm thick. Remove extra fat and cut into small cubes or strips
- In a Featherweights Casserole over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of oil. Add beef. 30 seconds should pass with no movement till browned. Start to turn the meat until fully cooked. Remove right away onto a platter. Don't be concerned about the bare inside or the pink portions.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Butter is added; melt. Add the onions for a minute, add the mushrooms afterwards. Cook the mushrooms and onions together until soft.
- Add beef back in the pot.
- Slowly pour the beef broth whilst cooking and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add sour cream and don't worry if it appears split; the sour cream will "melt" as it is heated as you stir.
- Salt and pepper should be adjusted to taste.
- Finish with some chopped chives.
- Serve with fusilli pasta or your favourite egg noodles.
For a truly satisfying treat, serve over buttered pasta.