Beyond Basic Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices 1/2-inch thick rustic artisan bread
- Softened butter for spreading
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Prep the bread—Spread butter on top of each slice of bread.
- Build the sandwich—Place two slices of bread, butter side down, into skillet. Top each with 2 slices of Swiss and 2 slices of provolone cheese, then finish with the other slices of bread, butter side up.
- Grill and serve—Place skillet over medium heat. When cheese begins to melt and underside is browned, flip sandwiches, and press down on top with spatula to make sure sandwich browns evenly and cheese adheres to the bread. Continue grilling until cheese is nice and melty. Remove from pan and cut on the diagonal—or horizontal if you must—and enjoy immediately.
Dial the deliciousness up to 11 by layering in a few slices of smoked deli ham, turkey, or roast beef between the two cheeses.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Griddle offers a flat surface that’s perfect for grilling sandwiches. It requires less butter than traditional skillets, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.