Buttermilk & Berry Pancakes
Treat your family to a stack of fluffy buttermilk pancakes embellished with plenty of juicy berries. Add some pats of butter, drizzle with warm maple syrup, and start the morning with smiles all around.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups buttermilk, slightly warm
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup blackberries or raspberries, fresh or frozen
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Reserve Blush frying pan
- Mix the batter - In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix with wooden spoon or spatula. Batter will be lumpy - resist the urge to over-mix.
- Prepare the pan - Lightly oil or butter a large frying pan and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it's ready to go.
- Make the pancakes - Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto frying pan - depending on size, you can cook 2 or 3 at a time. Gently press berries into the tops of pancakes as they cook. When the batter bubbles all over and edges brown, flip pancakes and cook for an additional minute or two.
Looking for an easy buttermilk substitute? Add 2 tablespoons white vinegar to measuring cup with enough milk to equal 2 cups. Let stand for about 10 minutes before using.