Chickpea Pumpkin Curry
When Winter bites, we all look for a little dose of spice to add to our lives! A plant-based curry is what you can prepare well in advance and serve to visitors or bring to work.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small pumpkin, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp rice barn oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Mayflower wok!
- Heat the rich barn oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pot and cook for another minute, until fragrant. Add curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using). Stir well.
- Pour in the coconut milk with tomato and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the diced pumpkin to the pot. Stir well to coat the pumpkin in the spices.
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the chickpeas are heated through and the curry has thickened slightly.
- Season the curry with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, garnished with fresh cilantro if desired.
Pair it with some fresh and steamy Basmati rice or some fluffy naan.