Chilli Con Carne
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and diced
- 1½ tsp chilli powder (more or less as desired)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 420g diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- 420g kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 420g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- Grated cheese, sliced avocado, sour cream and freshly chopped coriander to serve
READY TO COOK!
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add carrot and capsicum, then cook for 2-3 minutes or until capsicum has softened. Add spices and oregano, stirring regularly, for 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Transfer mixture to the GreenPan slow cooker. Combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, stock, beans and corn; stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Divide mixture into bowls and top with grated cheese, avocado, sour cream and coriander.
Serve with lime wedges and oven-baked tortilla chips