Chocolate Caramel Cake
- 250g unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 335g self-raising flour, sifted
- 50g cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda or baking powder, sifted
- 220g soft sugar
- 135g brown sugar
- 60ml maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 4 squashed bananas
- 325ml milk
- 125ml caramel paste
- 250g sour cream
- 200g melted dark chocolate
READY TO BAKE!
Make this recipe using our GreenLife round cake pan
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, melt the butter in a hot pan until it turns nut brown and pour the melted butter into a large bowl.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda or baking powder, sugars, maple syrup, eggs, bananas and milk and beat it into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased baking tin (24cm in diameter) and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. Pierce with a cocktail stick to check whether the cake is cooked.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Transfer the cake to a grill and allow to cool completely.
- Make the ganache while the cake is cooling. Put the sour cream and chocolate into a large bowl and mix until smooth and set aside.
- Smooth the ganache over the top of the cake, warm the caramel paste slightly and use a spoon to spread the caramel over the cake.
- Smooth over with banana to your taste, cut into heavy bite-sized pieces