Classic Denver Omelet
You don’t have to visit the Mile High city to enjoy their most popular dish. Loaded with caramelized flavor and gooey cheese, our omelet gets any morning off to a great start. Or add a side salad and crusty bread for a quick and easy dinner.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prep the eggs—In a small bowl, beat eggs with whisk or egg beater until light and frothy.
- Start cooking the omelet—Melt a little butter in skillet over medium heat, then add ham, onion, and bell pepper. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until onions begin to soften and ham starts to caramelize, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs—Reduce heat to medium-low and pour eggs into skillet. Stir briefly with spatula while shaking pan to evenly distribute ingredients. Run spatula under the edges of the omelet.
- Finish the omelet—Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top of omelet. Cook, while occasionally shaking the pan, until top is still wet but not runny—about 5 minutes. Fold omelet in half with spatula and slide onto plate.
For fluffy eggs with a soufflé-like texture, beat eggs in a blender for 20 seconds before adding to pan.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans offer excellent release for sticky ingredients like eggs. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.