Cookie Butter Stuffed French Toast with Persimmon Syrup
- 8 ½”-thick slices of soft bread
- ½ cup of Biscoff cookie butter
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ fresh persimmon, diced
- ½ fresh persimmon, sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup of sugar
- Place half of the bread slices on a work surface. Spread with cookie butter and top with banana. Top with remaining bread slices.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and half-and-half. Pour mixture evenly over the sandwiches. Chill, covered, for 2 – 24 hours.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Melt a tbsp of butter. Place a sandwich into the skillet and cook until the sides are golden, about 3 minutes each. Set aside on cooling rack.
- In a nonstick saucepan, heat the persimmon, water, and sugar for 10 minutes over a low simmer.
- Serve French toast with persimmon and banana slices and syrup.