CRISPY RICE PAPER ROLLS
- 1 onion
- 1/8 of a cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 broccoli
- Rice Paper Sheets
- 150g of firm tofu
- Soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Oil for frying
READY TO COOK!
- Prepare filling, shred cabbage and finely chop carrots, onion and broccoli. If you have a food processor, whiz them up in no time that way.
- Over a medium heat add a little oil to your frying pan (I used my amazing Padova pan from GreenPan for this), sauté vegetables, add in grated ginger, garlic, and grated tofu, cook through thoroughly.
- Add a splash of soy sauce, stir through, take off the heat and set the mixture aside.
- Dip a rice paper sheet in warm water for around 15-30seconds, or until soft and pliable, then place on a flat on a damp chopping board.
- Add a large spoonful of the mixture into the centre of the sheet, then fold the four sides in to create a rectangular shaped parcel.
- Repeat this process until all the mixture has been used up.
- Add a splash of oil to your pan, lightly fry the rolls on a medium heat, flipping each side until nice and crispy.
- Enjoy served with a little soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame seeds for dipping.
To prevent the rice paper from drying out and sticking, use a damp kitchen towel to roll the rice paper rolls.