Easy Rice Pilaf
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Start the pilaf—Melt butter in saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and orzo and sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Toast the rice—Add rice and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and rice just begins to brown. Add garlic and stir for one more minute.
- Finish and serve—Pour in chicken broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover pan, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender—about 20 to 25 minutes. Take pan off heat and let it stand covered for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, gently fluffing pilaf with a fork, and serve immediately.