Fish Tacos with Avocado Cream
- 1 pound haddock (any firm white fish will work), cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package corn tortillas, warmed
- Feta for sprinkling on top, optional
- Marinate the fish—Place fish in medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon lime juice, chipotle, and garlic powder and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the slaw—In a medium bowl, stir together red cabbage, onion, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Make the avocado cream—Using a traditional or immersion blender, blend avocado flesh with lime juice, yogurt, green onion, and a little salt and pepper till smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Cook the fish—Heat olive oil in frypan over medium heat. Fry marinated fish until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes each side.
- Assemble and enjoy—Place a scoop of avocado cream on a warm tortilla, then add a piece of fish or two. Top with a small handful of slaw and a sprinkle of feta, if desired.
Our favorite method for warming tortillas is in a dry skillet on the stovetop over medium heat. Cook until they begin to brown, about 30 seconds per side. You can also wrap stacks of 5 tortillas in aluminum foil and heat them in a 350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes. Or if you’re feeling hangry, zap them in the microwave. Simply cover a stack of 5 with a damp paper towel and microwave in 30-second increments until they’re heated through.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans brown fish beautifully and clean up in minutes, no soaking required.