Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- Mix the batter—In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and blend with wooden spoon or spatula. Batter will be lumpy—resist the urge to over-mix.
- Prepare the pan—Lightly oil or butter skillet or griddle and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it’s ready to go.
- Make the pancakes—Ladle approximately 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake onto skillet—depending on size, you can cook 2 or 3 at a time. When the batter bubbles all over and edges turn brown, flip pancakes, and cook for an additional minute or two.
Pour one tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar in measuring cup and add milk to equal one cup. (Note: you’ll need three cups for these pancakes.) Stir together and let the mixture sit for a few minutes before adding to recipe.
Dressing up pancakes couldn’t be simpler—add anything from chocolate chips and toasted nuts to mashed bananas and candied ginger or try a savory spin with crumbled bacon or sausage. For delicate ingredients like blueberries, press into pancakes after ladling onto skillet, rather than mixing into batter.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Griddle gives you extra surface space for more pancakes so you can minimize cooking time. It requires less oil or butter than traditional skillets, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.