Healthy Berry Pancakes
A combination made in heaven. Organic berries, Greek yoghurt, and organic honey. An ideal snack for famished small and big eaters. Don't forget to save for later, when you're ready for a snack!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups of oats
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts
- Raspberries and blueberries
- Honey, for serving
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Reserve Sunrise frying pan
- In a blender, combine the oil, Greek yoghurt, milk, 1 1/4 cup oats, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend until the batter is smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the blender. Continue mixing until there are no more oat crumbs visible.
- Stop the blender and whisk the remaining 3/4 cup oats and the nuts. Blend once more. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the pan and any toppings.
- Over medium-low heat, heat a large non-stick pan. Lightly butter or oil the pan.
- When the pan is heated, drop the batter in by 1/4 cupfuls. Allow the pancakes to cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side, or until the edges are dry and little bubbles appear on top.
- Flip gently and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the other side. On both sides, they should be golden. Transfer the pancakes to a baking sheet and keep them warm in the oven between batches. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of honey, raspberries, and blueberries.