Honey-Glazed Balsamic Pears
Stuffed with Thanksgiving turkey and trimmings but craving a sweet treat? Roasted pears glazed with balsamic vinegar and honey make the perfect finish to a rich meal.
- 3 large slightly under-ripe pears, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Thyme sprigs, for garnish
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast the pears—Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place pears cut side down in skillet and cook for two minutes. Transfer skillet to preheated oven and roast for 20 minutes. Flip pear halves, drizzle with balsamic, and continue roasting for 5 more minutes.
- Glaze and garnish—Remove skillet from oven. Drizzle pears with honey and let them rest a couple of minutes. Transfer to serving platter, drizzle pears with pan drippings, garnish with thyme sprigs, and serve warm.
Anjou, Bartlett, or Bosc pears are ideal for roasting—just make sure they’re not very ripe or they’ll quickly turn to mush.