Hot Cross Bun Pudding
This gorgeous pudding has a crisp outside, and a custardy inside, and is delicious with organic berries. This will satisfy your hunger and your family's. Make the recipe as little or large as you like. Dig in!
- 500ml custard
- 1.1L full-fat or semi-skimmed milk
- 4 tablespoons of jam
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste for your milk and custard
- 8 wholemeal hot cross buns
- Avocado oil for the pan
- Berries for serving
READY TO BAKE!
Make this recipe using our Premiere skillet
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Warm up the custard and a dash of milk, mixing well. Pour the rest of the milk into a pan and bring to a simmer on medium-low heat – keep an eye on it. Add the vanilla bean paste, if using, and simmer until you have a good custard consistency, stirring regularly.
- Halve your hot cross buns. Putting the pretty tops aside, tear the bases into small chunks and scatter them into a frying pan.
- Pour a third of the custard into a small pan to serve on the side later, then pour the rest over the bun bases and mix together.
- Lightly avocado oil the hot cross bun tops and your pan - spread generously with some of the reserved custard, and arrange on top, cross-side up. Lightly spread a little more avocado oil on the tops.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden, brushing with more jam (loosened with a little water) for the last 10 minutes.
- Gently reheat the reserved custard and drizzle over the pudding to serve, add berries!