Lemon Pesto Pasta with Shrimp
So much flavor, so little time. Our pesto pasta with sauteéd shrimp comes together in just minutes, but you’ll be dreaming about it for days.
- 1 box pasta (love lentil based pasta for extra fiber and nutrients)
- 1 lb. Frozen wild caught, precooked, and pre-prepared shrimp
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablespoon oil or butter
- Salt and pepper
- Basil leaves, for serving
- Make your pesto if you’re making it from scratch (recipe below).
- Start boiling your pasta water. Add your pasta to the boiling water.
- In a frypan, start sautéing your frozen shrimp in butter or oil, over low-medium heat. Hit the shrimp with a zest of lemon and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-8 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving half cup of pasta water.
- Turn the heat on the shrimp to low and add pasta, pasta water, and pesto to pan. Mix everything until thoroughly combined and heated.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon and fresh basil leaves.
Combine the following ingredients in a food processor: 2-3 large handfuls of spinach or arugula, 1 cup basil leaves, 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, zest and juice of one lemon, 1-2 tablespoon oil (start with one, add more if necessary), salt and pepper.