Moules Frites offers a delightful combination of flavours, textures, and a taste of coastal traditions. It is a dish that celebrates the beauty and simplicity of fresh seafood and the joy of communal dining.
- 1kg fresh mussels
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 100ml white wine
READY TO COOK!
- Rinse 1 kg fresh mussels under cold running water to remove any grit, then use a cutlery knife to scrape off any barnacles.
- Place a large GreenPan casserole over a low heat. Add 15g butter, 1 finely diced onion and 2 finely sliced spring onions; cook, covered, for 10-12 mins until the onions are soft.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and ½ x 15g pack of roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley to the pan. Fry for 2 mins, covered, then add 100ml wine and 100 ml water. Remove the lid, increase the heat to bring to a simmer.
- Add the mussels, cover tightly (to retain the steam), increase the heat to high and cook for 5 mins, shaking the casserole occasionally. Remove the lid on the pan of mussels after the initial 5 mins: if the mussels are all open, they are cooked. If most are still closed, cover and cook for a further 1-2 mins or until opened.
Serve with a side of French fries and your favourite beer!