Peach and Thyme Pie
When summer gives you fresh peaches, make this pie! Fresh thyme and lime tame the sweetness, while sliced almonds add crunch to the crust.
- 1 homemade or frozen pie dough
- 8 large ripe peaches, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- Sliced almonds
- Roll out about two-thirds of the tart dough into a 12-inch frypan about 1/8-inch thick. Transfer the dough to the pan, pressing into the sides.
- In a large bowl, toss together the peaches, sugar, lime juice, zest, cornstarch, and salt until chunky. Add the peaches to the prepared pan and fan some of the peach slices on top.
- Use the remaining dough to create a simple lattice. Beat the egg yolk and heavy cream in a small bowl, then brush over the crust. Sprinkle almonds on top of the egg wash. Dot with additional 1 Tbsp cubed unsalted butter if desired.
- Freeze the pie for at least 30-minutes (or cover and freeze overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Bake the frozen pie for 15 minutes before reducing to 375°F and bake for another 45-50 minutes or until bubbling. Let cool completely at room temperature.