Peach & Blueberry Pour-Over French Toast
- 1 loaf of challah or brioche bread, thickly sliced
- 6 large eggs ½ cup of milk, or dairy preference
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 peach, sliced
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange bread slices in a 10-12” frying pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Pour your batter over the bread slices evenly. Add sliced peaches and blueberries in and around the bread slices. It doesn’t have to be perfect, but the more evenly you place them the more evenly they’ll bake. If you’re making your French toast immediately, let the mixture sit for 15-20 mins to soak in the batter. To make it the night before, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until morning.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 mins or until bread is golden.
- Serve with powdered sugar and warm maple syrup.