Potato and Leek Soup
This is a go-to for a quick and healthy dinner, especially with some states' temperatures dropping to the single digits. In season, affordable and easy to make, what's not to like?
- 3 large leeks
- 4-5 medium potatoes
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh chives or parsley
READY TO COOK!
Use our Featherweight Casserole for all your soup needs this Winter!
- Trim the root and dark green parts off the leeks, and slice them thinly.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into small cubes.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, then add the sliced leeks and sauté for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the pot, and stir to combine with the leeks.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender to puree until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pot over low heat.
- Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh chives or parsley if desired.
garnish with chopped fresh chives or parsley