Pumpkin soup does not get more classic or comforting than this. A delicious pumpkin soup is like a warm hug!
- 1 kg pumpkin (any type) OR butternut squash
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups (750ml) organic vegetable or chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) water
- Salt and pepper
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Featherweights Casserole
- Slice the pumpkin into chunks. Remove the skin and scrape out the seeds.
- In a pot, combine the pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth, and water; the liquid will not completely cover the pumpkin. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft (check with a butter knife).
- Remove from heat and combine with a stick blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir in cream (never boil soup after adding cream, or the cream may split). For a healthier version, avoid the cream.
- Pop soup into bowls, drizzle with cream, and top with pepper and parsley, if preferred. Perfect with crispy bread!
- Use our Featherweight Casserole for all your soup needs this Winter!