Quick & Easy Puttanesca
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 12 ounces dry linguine pasta
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- Start the puttanesca—Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and parsley. Pour in water, then add linguine, capers, 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Finish the puttanesca—Continue cooking—stirring frequently—until most liquid has evaporated and pasta is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy—Scoop puttanesca into individual serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
We like linguine, but any long noodles work great in our recipe—spaghetti to fettuccini.