Quick & Easy Ratatouille Pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté the vegetables—Add olive oil to a high-sided skillet or sauté pan and place over medium-high heat. When oil starts shimmering, add squash, eggplant, fennel, and onion and sauté until squash begins to soften, about 8 to 10 minutes
- Add the seasoning—Stir in garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly to avoid burning garlic.
- Make the sauce—Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste until everything’s evenly incorporated. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Boil the pasta—Boil pasta to al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain.
- Finish and serve—Add pasta to sauce, stirring to combine evenly. Use a little pasta water to thin sauce, if necessary. Stir in fresh basil, ladle into individual pasta bowls and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Our ratatouille recipe works great with any bite-size pasta—go fancy with fusilli or farfalle (bow-tie) or keep it simple with shells or macaroni.