Ricotta and spinach gnudi with a burnt butter and sage sauce
Save the ricotta gnudi with burnt butter sage sauce for a delicious alternative to gnocchi. These are the perfect starters for a dinner party.
- 300g spinach
- 750g ricotta
- 100g parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 75g flour
- 40g butter
- 15 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp gnudi water
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
READY TO COOK!
- Blanch the spinach in a pot of boiling water. Drain well and allow to cool. Using your hands, squeeze out extra moisture. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Add ricotta, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, chopped spinach, egg and seasoning to a mixing bowl. Combine well.
- Add flour in a separate bowl.
- Spoon 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Lightly coat in the flour and set aside. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Place the gnudi in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes or until they rise to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a colander - reserve cooking water.
- Melt butter in the large GreenPan Padova pan over medium heat. When the butter bubbles, add sage leaves and stir for 2 minutes until the butter turns a light golden brown colour. Add gnudi water and mix well – more water can be added for desired consistency.
- Add the gnudi to the pan and coat well with sauce.
- In a separate Padova pan, lightly toast pine nuts.
- Garnish gnudi with toasted pine nuts.
Serve with rocket, pear and parmesan salad.