Roast vegetable and feta sandwich
Lunchtime needn’t be boring or an afterthought with this epic sanga created by Joel Feren from The Nutrition Guy, which incorporates several veggies, healthy fats and good-quality carbs. It’s time to make lunch delicious!
- 2x slices sourdough bread
- 1.5 tbsp pesto
- ¼ red capsicum, cut into strips
- ¼ zucchini, cut lengthways and sliced
- 3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eggplant slice, quartered
- 40g crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze (optional)
READY TO COOK!
Make this recipe using our Contact Grill
- Preheat the Contact Grill to 160°C.
- Place cut veggies on the Contact Grill and brush with oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Spread pesto on one slice of bread and layer with grilled veggies. Sprinkle feta on top of the veggies and close the sandwich with the remaining slice of bread.
- Place the sandwich in the Contact Grill and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts and the sandwich is golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.