Roasted Root Veggies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 3 red potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, quartered and separated
- Prepare to roast—Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Make the dressing—In a small bowl, stir together rosemary, thyme, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and a little freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast the veggies—Spread vegetables on a baking sheet or roasting pan. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat evenly. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until vegetables are nicely browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.