Sautéed Veggie Omelet with Feta
Serve with toast and jam for a tasty breakfast or a green salad for a simple and satisfying dinner. Our tasty omelet for one can be easily scaled up to serve everybody in the family.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 to 2 green onions, sliced
- Generous handful of mixed greens
- 2 to 3 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For garnish
- Crumbled feta
- Sauté the veggies—Add olive oil to a medium skillet over medium-high heat. When oil starts to shimmer, add tomatoes, onions, and mixed greens. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until greens are wilted. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Make the omelet—Whisk eggs lightly in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into skillet over medium heat, letting them spread out in pan. When eggs are almost set but still look moist, place sautéed veggies on one half of egg mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled feta to taste. Carefully fold half the omelet over the veggies. Cook for an additional minute, then slide omelet onto plate.
- Garnish and serve—Top omelet with chopped chives and a little extra feta, if desired.
Our veggie omelet is perfect for using up produce—mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers, it’s all good!