Sheet-Pan Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons (or 1.27-oz pack) taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- 10 flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prep the oven—Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the filling—Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add in green bell peppers, red bell peppers, and onions and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes. Add taco seasoning and water and bring to boil. Stir in rotisserie chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Bake the quesadillas—Layer half of each tortilla with chicken mix and sprinkle with cheeses. Fold tortillas in half, place on overn-safe frypan, and bake until cheese is nice and melty, about 10 minutes.
Skip the packaged blends and make your taco seasoning that’s ready to go whenever you need it. Simply mix together 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. Store in an airtight container.