Skillet Chocolate Chip & Pecan Brownies
Fudgy brownies studded with chocolate chips and toasted pecans served warm from a skillet. Just add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk for dessert perfection.
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch process
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Prepare to bake—Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the batter—In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and continue whisking until eggs are fully incorporated. Stir in flour mixture until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake the brownies—Spread batter into skillet and smooth out the top. Sprinkle on a few extra chocolate chips and pecans, if you like. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of brownies comes out with just a few crumbs, about 25 to 30 minutes. Allow brownies to cool for about 10 minutes in skillet before serving—if you can wait that long.
Toasting nuts releases essential oils, making them extra fragrant and flavorful. Easily toast nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until they are golden brown and incredibly aromatic. Remove from pan immediately so they don’t burn from residual heat.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans effortlessly release fudgy brownies, and the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.