Spicy Sautéed Bok Choy
- 3 heads bok choy, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil to taste
- Prep the pan—Heat vegetable oil in sauté pan and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it’s good to go.
- Sauté the bok choy—Add bok choy stalks and bell pepper to pan and sauté for about 1 minute, just until they begin to soften.
- Add the spices—Stir in garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and sauté for an additional minute, until ginger and garlic start to smell amazing.
- Finish and serve—Add bok choy leaves, soy sauce, and a few drops of sesame oil to pan and sauté for about a minute. Taste and add in more sesame oil, if desired. Serve piping hot.