Skip to Main Content
Spicy Sautéed Bok Choy
Easily make our version of an Asian restaurant favorite at home in just 20 minutes. Feel free to add more red pepper flakes to amp up the dish to your desired level of stars.
- 3 heads bok choy, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil to taste
- Prep the pan—Heat vegetable oil in sauté pan and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it’s good to go.
- Sauté the bok choy—Add bok choy stalks and bell pepper to pan and sauté for about 1 minute, just until they begin to soften.
- Add the spices—Stir in garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and sauté for an additional minute, until ginger and garlic start to smell amazing.
- Finish and serve—Add bok choy leaves, soy sauce, and a few drops of sesame oil to pan and sauté for about a minute. Taste and add in more sesame oil, if desired. Serve piping hot.