- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Avocado oil, for cooking
- Cherry jam for serving
READY TO COOK!
- Mix the batter - In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin puree, eggs, milk maple syrup, and melted butter. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix with wooden spoon or spatula. Batter will be lumpy - resist the urge to over-mix.
- Prepare the pan - Lightly oil a large frying pan and place over medium high heat. When a drop of water sizzles on pan, it's ready to go.
- Make the pancakes - Ladle approximately 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto frying pan - depending on size, you can cook 2 or 3 at a time. When the batter bubbles all over and edges brown, flip pancakes and cook for an additional minute or two.
- Add a dollop of cherry jam on top of the pancake for a touch of eerie allure!
Take these Halloween pancakes to the next level of spookiness by adding a few drops of black food coloring to the pancake batter.