Summer Pasta Salad
- 16 oz dry pasta (bowtie is our favorite!)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 large sweet bell peppers - seeded and diced
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced olives (black or kalamata)
- 1 cup crumbled crispy bacon
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 16 oz Italian dressing of your choice
- 6 tbs real mayo 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta to al dente (be careful not to over-cook) and drain (don't rinse) before drizzling with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- While the pasta is cooling to room temperature, make the dressing by whisking all ingredients until the dressing is smooth. Cover and put in the fridge until you're ready to use.
- Pour your pasta with finished dressing into a large bowl. Add peppers, cucumbers, salt and pepper, bacon and parmesan.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled depending on preference.