Sweet Summer Cherry Clafoutis
Clafoutis may sound fancy and complicated (because French!), but this baked custard filled with sweet cherries is as simple as it is spectacular. Our versatile recipe works great with berries and stone fruit, too.
- 2 cups of fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Butter and lightly flour a 10-12" frypan. Scatter cherries and sliced almonds over the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk the eggs and sugars together until smooth, then add in the salt and flour and whisk again until smooth.
- Add the milk, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into the baking dish over the cherries and almonds.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes or until lightly browned and a knife poked into the center comes out clean.
- Check after about 20 mins. If the top is getting well browned, tent it loosely with aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven to cool. When cool, dust with powdered sugar. Serve.