Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (280 to 340 grams)
- Sea salt for sprinkling
READY TO BAKE!
Make this recipe using our GreenLife cookie sheet
- Prepare to bake — Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix the dough — In a large bowl using a stand or hand mixer on high, beat together the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and beat in eggs, one at a time. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt and mix on low to combine. Add flour, about 3/4 cup at a time, continuing to mix on low until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies — Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop cookies on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle top of each cookie with a little sea salt. Bake in preheated oven until edges begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Cool on pan for another minute or two before transferring to cooling rack.
Just as convenient as cookie dough in a tube, but oh-so-much better: whip up a batch of batter, stash it in the fridge, and bake up fresh cookies anytime you like. Make as few (or as many!) as you like. Dough will keep for a week or two refrigerated or a couple of months in the freezer (thaw before using).