Veggie Breakfast Quesadillas
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 2 medium whole grain tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salsa, guacamole, or sour cream for serving
- Start cooking the grits—Bring milk, water, and salt to boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the grits or polenta gradually, while continually whisking to avoid clumps. When grits are incorporated, reduce heat to low and whisk frequently to prevent scorching. Continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Finish the grits—Remove pan from heat. Add pepper and butter and whisk until butter is melted. Then gradually whisk in cheese until fully incorporated. Serve piping hot.
These versatile quesadillas work well with any combo of veggies, greens, and cheese. Swap spinach for kale or arugula. Trade black beans for mushrooms or peppers, and sub in pepper jack cheese for a spicy kick.
Our GreenPan Ceramic Nonstick Frypans offer excellent release for sticky ingredients like cheesy quesadillas. Plus, the extra nonstick coating makes cleanup incredibly quick and simple.